Tuesday, June 22, 2010

...off we are...in 5 hours!!!

Ok, I'll be checking out and heading to the airport in a few hours...wow. Our orientation today was great...thunderstorm and all. We had a lot of questions answered, yet left us with new ones too. Turns out the group is made up of youth development, municipal development, and protected area management trainees. A very young group, slightly diverse in cultural background, and two married couples. I learned some names and volunteered to be a group leader for tomorrow's departure. Had a big growing moment at the end of training since I was selected as the "three dot" volunteer that wasn't placed in a color group...funny how things always work out. Ok, this time tomorrow I'll be staying with my host family. We've been told to plan for minimal communication via phone/email...so this may actually be the last posting for a while. I encourage you to write me through emails/Facebook to be happily surprised if I do get internet access. =)

Ok, estare en saliendo del hotel y rumbo al aeropuerto en pocas horas...wow! Nos fue bien con la orientacion...tormenta y todo. Nos contestaron varias de las preguntas que teniamos, pero nos dejaron con nuevas dudas. Resulta que el grupo es compuesto de voluntarios en el desarrollo de jovenes, desarrollo municipal, y el manejo de areas protegidas. Es un grupo muy joven, un poco diverso en culturas, y con dos parejas casadas. Me aprendi unos nombres y me ofreci como voluntario de un grupo para la salida. Me toco ser la voluntaria de los tres puntos que no fue colocada en un grupo y la experiencia me ayudo crecer.....chistoso como occurren las cosas. Ok, a esta hora manana estare con mi familia hondurena. Nos han dicho que estemos preparados para tener muy poca comunicacion de telefono/correo electronico...asi que sera el ultimo mensaje de mi parte por un tiempo. Los animo que me escriban por correo electronico/Facebook para estar felizmente sorprendia cuando si tenga internet. =)

sorry no pictures/perdon no ahi fotos

No comments:

Post a Comment