Saturday, October 9, 2010






My official apt search has begun. Well actually lots of students have been helping the last two weeks. It's so cute how I get random students come up to me and mention where they've seen apt for rent signs. I spent most of Thurs walking around town looking and found some excellent choices. My favorite is over my budget (2500 Lempiras = $131 per month). It's located really close to a beautiful church and the main mall (with an Expresso Americano...jejeje).

Anna was in town Thursday and Friday for a workshop. I showed up under-dressed on Thurs and only stayed a bit. The presentation was on Special Ed and very interesting to see the teachers' participation. It was also really interesting to see how they defined the different terms. Plus this served as an awesome networking opportunity.

I spent all day at the proyecto. One of the girls and I were cleaning out the office. The place needs a lot of organization. The girls are doing some amazing work with the can tops. I was given a headband that is awesome looking...plus it's bright yellow to top it off. =)

BTW, some things are just hard to understand. We went to pick up one of the girls and the grandma starts talking about how she doesn't know what to do with her other granddaughter....claiming the girl left the house, not attending school, and is now living with a friend....the granddaughter is only 12!! I don't understand it.

PS We had 14 people in the car....3 in the front, 7 in the middle, and 4 in the back...that's not the record either.

No comments:

Post a Comment